Introduction to Basic Electrical
This is one of our MOST popular programs for anyone looking to get into the electrical field.
Self-Paced/Asynchronous Version (No Instructor)
This is a 38-lesson course. This version can be completed as slowly or quickly as you desire. Registrants can move from lesson to lesson at your own pace.
Registrants can start this version at any time throughout the year.
This is a 40-week course, with a scheduled class session each week, with an instructor to help guide you.
A new class starts each January and August.
Course Topic Outline
- Applied Mathematics
- Basic Principles, Electrical Theory, & Ohm’s Law
- Bathroom & Attic Exhaust Fans
- Classifying Electrical Injuries & General Electrical Safety
- Conductor Identification & Connecting Wiring Devices
- Conduit Bending
- Dwelling Requirements
- Electrical Services & Service Equipment
- Electrical Tools & Fasteners
- Garage & Garage Door Circuits
- General Jobsite Safety
- Hazardous Chemicals
- Heating & Air Conditioning
- Home Automation, Standby Power, & Photovoltaic Systems
- Kitchen Appliance Outlets & Circuits
- Ladder & Scaffold Safety
- Lighting Branch Circuits
- Luminaires, Ballasts & Lamps
- Material Safety
- Multiwire Branch Circuits & Combination Circuits
- Navigating the NEC & Introduction to Plans/Specs
- Outlet Boxes
- Overcurrent Protection Devices
- Personal Protective Equipment & Personal Safety
- Receptacle Branch Circuits
- Series Circuits
- Service Entrance Calculations
- Small Appliance Branch Circuits
- Special Purpose Outlets & Circuits
- Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs
- Tool Safety
- Vehicle Safety
- Voltage Drop & Installation Requirements