Louisiana Electrical Licensing
& Continuing Education Requirements
- Complete the Commercial Application.
- Additional information/documents may be requested within the application.
- Provide a financial statement affidavit showing a minimum of $10,000 net worth (must be current within 12 months of application).
- Pass the required examinations.
- After the application is submitted, the Qualifying Party will receive testing information.
- Must take Business & Law course
- Must take Trade exam if applicable
The initial license certificate will be valid for one year, then you may renew your license for a one, two, or three year period.
There are NO state continuing education requirements for electrical contractor licenses in Louisiana. Please check with your county of local municipality for any requirements they may have.