Mississippi Electrical Licensing
& Continuing Education Requirements

Electrical Licensing

Continuing Education

All contractors and subcontractors performing work on commercial jobs over $50,000.00 (including installation of equipment) require a commercial license issued by MSBOC. A commercial license is also required for any contract involving the construction, reconstruction, repair or maintenance of fire protection systems on public projects over $5,000.00 and private projects over $10,000.00.

All contractors performing new residential construction over $50,000, residential remodeling over $10,000, or residential roofing over $10,000 require a license issued by MSBOC. If you are performing residential electrical, plumbing, or HVAC work less than $10,000, a state license is not required, but you must contact the local building official or permit office regarding the local requirements.

Complete and return the contractor application to MSBOC. Once received, MSBOC will send you testing information.

A license is good for one (1) year.

There are NO state continuing education requirements for electrical licenses in Mississippi. Please check with your county or local municipality for any requirements they may have.

For questions regarding your state’s CE requirements or licensing, please contact your state board directly. 

(601) 354-6161 |Toll-Free (800) 880-6161 | Mississippi Board Website

MISSISSIPPI Continuing Education Courses

Scroll to Top