Ohio Electrical Licensing
& Continuing Education Requirements
To receive a state license, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be a United States citizen or a legal alien-must provide proof of being a legal alien.
- Either have been a tradesperson in the type of licensed trade for which the application is filed for not less than five (5) years immediately prior to the date the application is filed, currently be a registered engineer in this state with three (3) years of business experience in the construction industry in the trade for which the engineer is applying to take the examination.
- Never have been convicted of a disqualifying offense as defined in S.B. 337.
- Pass the examination in the trade.
- Carry minimum $500,000 contractor liability coverage.
- Pay the applicable fees.
All licenses shall expire annually on the same date, which shall be the expiration date of the original license the contractor holds.