McGraw-Hill’s National Electrical Code 2020 Handbook, 30th Edition
The definitive guide to the National Electric Code―thoroughly revised for 2020 rules and regulations
Updated to fully align with the 2020 NEC, this trusted on-the-job reference contains plain-language explanations, advice, and analysis for every provision. You will get discussions of the rationale behind specific rules that enhances your understanding of both meaning and application. This handbook features thousands of detailed diagrams and photos as well as in-depth discussions regarding controversial wording and actual errors, together with possible approaches to discussions with inspectors regarding how to cope with these issues. This book is not published by NFPA, and is therefore free to confront such topics head on.
Written by a senior member of the NEC Code Committee, McGraw Hill’s National Electrical Code (NEC) 2020 Handbook, 30th Edition is logically arranged and serves as a companion to the Code itself―the explanation for any topic lines up exactly with the applicable section in the Code. The book does not reproduce the Code, and therefore every column inch is devoted to explaining its provisions. You will get straightforward clarification of obtuse rules and vague language, enabling you to work efficiently and safely―and to achieve full compliance.
Covers all significant changes to the 2020 NEC, including:
- Reconditioned equipment
- Massive expansion of GFCI requirements
- New receptacle coverage rules for kitchen islands and peninsulas
- Total revision of non-dwelling lighting load calculations
- Elimination of common enclosures for service disconnects
- Exterior emergency disconnects
- Rules for stair towers
- New EGC fill calculations for boxes
- Temperature limits for LFMC and LFNC
- Latest developments for PV systems