The world never stops changing, so it’s crucial to keep learning how to keep it safer. The 2020 edition of the National Electrical Code (NEC), provides new and updated information on safe and effective electrical design, installation, and inspection in residential, commercial, and industrial settings.
Impactful changes include:
- Exterior Emergency Disconnects: New requirements to improve electrical safety for emergency responders at one- and two-family dwelling installations.
- Deenergizing Panel Boards: Revised service disconnect rules to help increase electrical worker safety.
- Marinas and Boatyards: Updated ground-fault protection and leak age-current measurement device requirements.
- Conducting Load Calculations: Modernized tables for calculations to reflect improvements in energy efficiency.
- Power Over Ethernet: Revised requirements to meet the installation practices of new and evolving technologies.