NFPA 70E, Handbook for Electrical Safety in the Workplace 2021
Get the insight and guidance you need to interpret and apply the latest criteria for safer electrical work with the NFPA 70E Handbook.
Shock, electrocution, arc flash, and arc blast represent a significant risk to personnel who work on or around electrical equipment. NFPA 70E®, Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace®, answers a need not found in the National Electrical Code® (NEC®) or Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements as a document covering comprehensive electrical safety-related work practices and maintenance of electrical systems considered critical to safety.
The Handbook for Electrical Safety in the Workplace intends to assist workers in understanding what they need to do to help protect themselves and others on the job. Owners and facility managers can use the handbook to help ensure compliance with NFPA 70E and reduce the potential for electrical-related accidents, liability, and loss.
The NFPA 70E handbook is a must-have for anyone at risk of electrical dangers or with responsibilities for helping to keep work areas safe.
From assessing risks and determining hazards to selecting PPE and practicing electrical safety-related methods and strategies, having the Handbook for Electrical Safety in the Workplace by your side instills confidence. Having more in-depth insight and understanding of the standard also aids in complying with OSHA 1910 Subpart S and OSHA 1926 Subpart K.
The updated 70E handbook is the quintessential companion book to the new version of the standard.
This essential NFPA® publication includes the complete text of the 2021 edition of NFPA 70E, along with expert commentary helping to provide a clear understanding of how requirements can be appropriately applied. Within the commentary text are additional tables, exhibits, supplements, and these special features:
- Over 100 full-color photos, charts, and illustrations that bring vital life-saving concepts and practices to life
- Three chapters containing 24 individual articles addressing safety-related work practices and requirements for maintenance and special equipment
- 18 informative annexes covering personal protective equipment (PPE), developments in electrical design, risk assessment and control, human performance and electrical safety, and other critical topics
- Three supplements, including NEC safety-related work practices requirements, extracted content from NFPA 70B, Recommended Practice for Electrical Equipment Maintenance, and information on general safety procedures.
- Summary of Technical Changes spotlighting technical revisions in the 2021 edition
- Eight new case studies for a total of 14 real-world summaries of electrical injury incidents, including analysis and discussion of the role of NFPA 70E
- OSHA Connections demonstrating how OSHA’s electrical safety standards correspond with specific NFPA 70E requirements
- Worker Alerts highlighting electrical safety information that is especially crucial for employees to be aware of and to understand
- Easy to navigate single-column format and four-color printing
- Text shading and icons to indicate additions, deletions, and changes to the code from the previous edition
- Full Index of NFPA 70E, Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace
Make the right decisions on the job every day, so everyone stays safer.