Electrical Licensing & Continuing Education Requirements
- Applicants must pass:
- a technical exam (when required),
- a business management/law exam and
- Applicants must be able to document two (2) years of experience within the last 5 years for the classification(s) of work in which you are applying
- You must submit either a financial statement or a surety bond
- Must show a minimum of one-year experience within the past five (5) years
- Must furnish an original surety bond with the license fee after passing the examination if the total cost of construction exceeds $5,000.
All Mechanical Contractor Licenses expire October 31 every odd-numbered year.
Residential Specialty Electrical Licenses expire June 30th every odd-numbered year.
There are NO state continuing education requirements for electrical licenses in South Carolina. Please check with your county or local municipality for any requirements they may have.
SOUTH CAROLINA Continuing Education Courses
4-Hr Grounding & Bonding 2017
8-Hr Understanding the 2017 NEC